Sophisticated city of the arts
The internationally-renowned spa town and entertainment hub of Baden-Baden is just 45 km from Hotel Ritter Durbach. There's so much to see and do – where would you like to start?
- With a cultural night out at the Festspielhaus: Germany's largest opera and concert hall plays host to a multitude of operas, ballets and classical concerts each season.
For extra peace of mind: the Festspielhaus Express will take you from Offenburg directly to Baden-Baden for € 20 during all classical events.
- Mineral spring for a sense of well-being: Visit the Caracalla thermal bathhouse, a place of special significance to Baden-Baden for over 2,000 years. Or the unique atmosphere of the Friedrichsbad, which boasts a 125-year-old bathing tradition.
- Or maybe you'd prefer a flutter at the Belle Epoque Baden-Baden Casino, which was once described by Marlene Dietrich as "the most beautiful casino in the world." The Bénazet Hall of Baden-Baden's world-famous Kurhaus (combined spa complex and casino) also provides the most exquisite atmosphere in which to relax.
- With a walk along Lichtentaler Allee: This 2.5 km promenade through a magnificent park and series of gardens in the city centre is stunning all year round.
- With an inspiring visit to the Frieder Burda museum with its internationally-renowned collection of classic modern and contemporary art
- With some shopping in designer stores, antique shops and jewellery boutiques around the gardens and pedestrian precinct: Baden-Baden has a vast number of exclusive shops concentrated in the city centre.
for more information and tips
- Book a room at Hotel Ritter Durbach