Durbach: wine-growing town par excellence
Picturesque wine village in Ortenau
Hotel Ritter Durbach is situated in an idyllic wine-growing village that is well-known far beyond its regional borders. Durbach:
- is uniquely located in the Baden wine region at the foothills of the Black Forest.
Tip: Visit the sunny Durbach valley's most famous landmark, Staufenberg Castle. From the panorama terrace of the castle tea rooms you can experience the same splendid view of the Rhine region and Alsace once enjoyed by the Baden nobility.
- has a reputation as a 'golden wine village' with a renowned culture of winemaking. The home of Riesling, Durbach is the most famous wine-growing community in Germany! Taste some of the country's best wines right at the source, at the various wine festivals that are held from May through to October.
On the scenic educational wine trail in Durbach, you can learn about the preservation of the countryside, viniculture, different grape varieties, wine storage, fermentation and be shown some of the area's local wineries. (Distance: 1.5 km)
- is a charming, traditional village. Local history is brought to life at the Wine and Heritage Museum, which is housed in a Fachwerk-style building from the 18th century.
- is a popular day trip destination enjoyed by both young and old alike: Durbach is a 'state-recognised health resort' and provides the perfect conditions for you to actively improve your health and well-being.
Want to spend your next holiday in Durbach?
- Book a room at Hotel Ritter Durbach